At a public award-ceremony on 28 January 2021, the winning projects for the main prize, the prize-winning project for the DETAIL Prize for Students and Schools of Architecture and the DETAIL Readers’ Prize will be presented by the respective offices.
Thursday, 28 January 2021, 5-7 pm (CET)
• 5:00 pm: Introduction, Sandra Hofmeister (DETAIL)
• 5:05 pm: Key speech, Louisa Hutton (Sauerbruch Hutton, Chair of the jury)
• 5:20 pm: Jacob van Rijs (MVRDV) and bureau SLA & Overtreders W: Peter van Assche, Reinder Bakker and Hester van Dijk
• 5:40 pm: Kim H. Nielsen (3XN) and ALA Architects: Antti Nousjoki, Juho Grönholm and Samuli Woolston
• 6:00 pm: Anna Ramos (Mies van der Rohe Foundation) and ICD/ITKE University Stuttgart: Achim Menges and Jan Knippers
• 6:20 pm: Jakob Schoof (DETAIL) and McCullough Mulvin Architects: Valerie Mulvin and Ruth O’Herlihy and Sonali Nandi (DPA)
• 6:40 pm: Closing words
• 6:45-7:00 pm: Networking Area
In 2020, DETAIL is awarding the international DETAIL Prize for the ninth time and is looking for projects that are ground-breaking due to their outstanding architectural-design and technical qualities.
The prize is awarded every two years by DETAIL in cooperation with sponsors from industry and conceptual partners from the field of politics. The declared aim of the DETAIL Prize is to highlight the importance of architecture for society, to strengthen the role of architects in public, and to promote networking among architects, industrialists, developers and politicians.
The prize is awarded in three categories:
The DETAIL Prize is awarded for a building that is especially characterised by well-designed, future-oriented and technically-innovative details within an outstanding overall concept.
DETAIL Prize for Students and Architecture Schools
For the first time, young creative talents can win prizes with projects realised at architecture schools. The prize will be awarded to a building that is especially characterised by a willingness to experiment, innovative processes and technical details within an outstanding overall design. It can be submitted as an entry by the supervising lecturer.
DETAIL Readers' Prize
The DETAIL Readers' Prize is awarded to DETAIL readers' favourite project as chosen in an online vote.
Due to the corona situation changes to the schedule of the DETAIL Prize 2020 and its communication have occurred. We kindly ask for your understanding.
Submission: 02 March to 22 May 2020 (new extended deadline)
Jury meeting: 26 June 2020
Reader voting: 14 September to 30 October 2020
Award ceremony: 28 January 2021, 5-7 pm (CET) livestream