Expansion, Dublin Dental Hospital
Dublin Dental Hospital is located in the historic city centre, along the south-eastern corner of Trinity College. Early after its founding in the year 1897 it became the most modern dental clinic in Europe. To this day, the facility has retained its reputation. 2500 patients are treated here on a weekly basis, and 300 students receive training. In 1998 the first renovation and expansion of the building complex took place. Ten years later, the architects received the commission to revitalize the areas along Leinster Street that had been neglected to this day. The task was to modernize five listed buildings dating back to the Georgian and Victorian era, according to current thermal insulation, fireproofing, and handicapped accessibility standards. These are to serve as offices, seminar rooms & roof-top library.