Architecture Matters 2018
Annual Summit on Cities and the Future Munich Book Launch
Time: 6.30 p.m.
Location: Alte Akademie, Neuhauser Straße 8-10, 80333 Munich Conference
Time: 2-8 p.m.
Location: Künstlerhaus, Lenbachplatz 2, 80333 Munich Business-Brunch
Time: 10-12 a.m.
Location: Hearthouse, Lenbachplatz 2, 80333 Munich
Munich Book Launch
“Four Walls and a Roof. The Complex Nature of a Simple Profession”, Reinier de Graaf, OMA, Rotterdam
• special guest: Kurt Faltlhauser, former Bavarian State Minister of Finance
Thursday, 8 March 2018, 6.30 pm
Alte Akademie, Neuhauser Strasse 8–10, 80333 Munich
tickets: 85,- € (incl. flying dinner)
Friday, 9 March 2018, 2–8 pm
Künstlerhaus, Lenbachplatz 2, 80333 Munich
tickets: 17,- / 28,- / 42,- € With
• Jürgen Bruns-Berentelg, HafenCity Hamburg GmbH, Hamburg
• Reinier de Graaf, OMA, Rotterdam
• Chris Dercon, Volksbühne, Berlin
• Ulrich Höller, GEG German Estate Group AG, Frankfurt
• Andrej Holm, Humboldt University, Berlin
• Carsten Loll, Linklaters, Munich
• Elisabeth Merk, Urban Planning Commissioner, Munich
• Julian Nida-Rümelin, LMU, Munich
• Saskia van Stein, Bureau Europa, Maastricht
• Christiane Thalgott, Urban Planning Commissioner (ret.), Munich
• Erion Veliaj, mayor of Tirana
• Film “The Property Drama” Christopher Roth, Chicago Architecture Biennal September 2017
• music by Mirko Hecktor
• bar + lounge
Move Your Business Forward!
Business Brunch for young architects & real estate
Friday, 9 March 2018, 10–12 noon Hearthouse, Lenbachplatz 2, 80333 Munich
moderators: Nadin Heinich, Carsten Loll, Christiane Thalgott in cooperation with the Urban Land Institut ULI
Personal invitation only; limited seating.
Are you an architect and want to participate in the event? Then send us a brief request including a profile of your office, references, etc. to: networksdo not copy and be happy@architecturemattersdot or no dot.eu
Architecture Matters is an annual, international conference on the future of architecture and cities, which brings together all relevant stakeholders – from architecture, real estate, industry, politics and society. A provocative platform for the curious and the courageous – exploring urban utopias and entrepreneurial visons. With lectures, discussion panels, music, workshops, dinner performanc- es and surprising extras. Held once a year. In Munich. Architecture Matters was founded by Nadin Heinich in 2016 and is organised by plan A.
The Event is part of the Munich Creative Business Week MCBW 2018 and is curated by Nadin Heinich, plan A.
Further information on the conference tickets online: www.architecturematters.eu
supported by: Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology, City of Munich with Competence Team Creative Industries Munich, dormakaba, Gira, Axor, Miele, Schüco, TECE, Thonet
cooperation partners: bayern design, Association of German Architects BDA, Kingdom of the Netherlands, Urban Land Institute ULI, Federal Association of real estate and housing companies BfW, Schnitzer&, SIGNA
media partners: brand eins, Baumeister, DETAIL