Urban Renewal: Euromed Center in Marseille
The center is part of a public project called ‘Euroméditerranée’ which deals with renewing some urban areas of the city through the launch of several international architecture competitions. It was designed by architects Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas.
With more than 70,000 m² the coming Euromed Center will consist of:
- four office buildings certified HQE (High Environmental Quality) and labeled Effinergie-BBC (building low consumption) to accommodate about 3,000 people (48,000 m²)
- 4-star business hotel with 210 rooms and a business center
- pedestrian zone with shops and services (2,000 m²)
- public parking for 846 cars
- green areas for the new urban public park, the Jardin d'Arenc (4,000 m²)
- cinema complex ‘Dolphins’ with 15 screens
The first phase involves the construction of public parking for 846 cars and office building called ‘Astrolabe’. Progressively follow will the construction of the hotel, real estates and the remaining part of the program.
The whole project is in collaboration with the following offices: Lehoux - Phily - Samaha, International d'Architecture, Mathoulin & Jardin, Michel Desvigne Paysagiste
Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas have won the competition for the Euromed Center in 2006. The rite of laying a cornerstone for the construction was given on 19 October 2012.