Aga Khan Award for Architecture 2013 - Shortlist Revealed
The 20 nominees for the US$ 1 million prize were announced at Lisbon on 30 April 2013. The nominated projects range from a modern high rise apartment block to the revival of traditional building techniques and were selected by an independent Master Jury.
More photographs of all nominees at www.detail-online.com
Master Jury for the 2010-2013 Award cycle
- Mr. David Adjaye, Principal, Adjaye Associates, London, United Kingdom
- Dr. Howayda al-Harithy, Professor, Department of Architecture and Design, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Mr. Michel Desvigne, Landscape Architect and Founder, Agence Michel Desvigne, Paris, France
- Professor Mahmood Mamdani, Professor and Executive Director, Makerere Institute for Social Research (MISR), Wandegeya, Uganda
- Mr. Kamil Merican, Principal Designer and CEO, Group Design Partnership, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Professor Toshiko Mori, Principal, Toshiko Mori Architect, New York City, USA
- Ms. Shahzia Sikander, Artist, New York City, USA
- Mr. Murat Tabanlioglu, Architect and Founder, Tabanlioglu Architects, Istanbul, Turkey
- Mr. Wang Shu, Architect and Founder, Amateur Architecture Studio, Hangzhou, China
The winner will be announced in September 2013.
The winners of the international competition for the expansion to the BMW Group’s Research and Innovation Centre (FIZ) have been ...
Next to four projects in the Middle East and Africa, an Islamic Cemetery in Austria has been awarded.
A second international competition is gathering ideas how to provide solar and / or thermal energy from renewable resources on ...