2014 AIA Institute Honor Awards in Architecture
The jury selected eleven projects of various typologies: airport, visitor centre, boathouse, train station, mausoleum etc. Follow the link to the reports about each project.
Centre for International Governance and Innovation (CIGI) Campus in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
SCAD Museum of Art in Savannah, Georgia
Sottile & Sottile and Lord Aeck Sargent in association with Dawson Architects
Quaker Meeting House and Arts Center, Sidwell Friends School in Washington, D.C.
St. Louis Public Library, Central Library Transformation and Restoration in St. Louis
- Scott Wolf, FAIA (Chair), The Miller Hull Partnership
- Natalye Appel, Natalye Appel + Associates Architects
- Mary Brush, Brush Architects
- Joy Coleman, Treanor Architects
- Robert M. Hon, AIAS Student Representative
- Brenda A. Levin, Levin & Associates Architects
- Michael J. Mills, Mills + Schnoering Architects
- G. Martin Moeller, National Building Museum
- Ed Soltero, Arizona State University
Like a larger-than-life quadrilateral, this technology centre floats above a green hill on the outskirts of Óbidos.
With a light hand and a sleek stylistic idiom, Sauerbruch Hutton have created a transcendental aura for their renewal of ...
Budget constraints meant that very little could be done to change the building's fairly unconvincing shape.